What is VITEEE?
Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Examination (VITEEE) is an annual engineering entrance exam, conducted by Vellore Institute of Technology. The exam is conducted to offer admissions to aspirants for all its B. Tech Programs into VIT Vellore, VIT Chennai, VIT-AP and VIT Bhopal. It is conducted every year in the month of April and May. It is a computer based test (CBT), and its language of instructions is in English only. The duration of this entrance exam is two and a half hours.
- Nationality: Both the residents and non-residents of India can apply. PIO and OCI holders will also be eligible for VITEEE examination. The foreign candidates can apply through Foreign National Application Form.
- Age limit: Candidates should not be more than 22 years of age.
- Qualifying Examination: Candidates should have passed or should be appearing for the qualifying examinations like, CBSE, ICSE or 10+2 system of higher secondary by State boards.
- Qualification: Candidates must score an aggregate of 60% in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology in the qualifying examination. Candidates belonging to SC/ST category or hailing from Jammu and Kashmir and Northeast India need an aggregate of 50%.
The exam pattern of VITEEE 2020 has been changed as they have added a new section of Aptitude along with existing subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology(as per chosen by the aspirant) and English.
No. of questions per section:
Physics – 35 Questions
Chemistry – 35 Questions
Mathematics/Biology – 40 Questions
Aptitude – 10 questions
English – 5 Questions
All questions will be MCQ type.1 mark is given for each correct answer. There is no negative marking.
|Last Date to Apply||29th February, 2020|
|Slot Booking||3rd week of March, 2020|
|VITEEE-2020 Examination||2nd to 3rd week of April, 2020|
|Declaration of Results||30th of April, 2020|
|Counselling||2nd or 3rd week of May, 2020|
|Class Commencement||2nd week of July, 2020|
Steps to Register
Step 1: Register as a New User.
Step 2: Sign In for Registered Users.
Step 3: Fill the Application Form with all relevant details.
Step 4: Payment of Application
Step 5: Upload your Photo and Signature.
Step 6: Download the soft copy of the filled-in Application.
- Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) University, Vellore
- Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) University, Chennai
- Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT-AP) University, Amaravati
- Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) University, Bhopal
- Current Electricity
- Dual Nature of Radiation and Atomic Physics
- Properties of Matter
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current
- Laws of Motion & Work, Energy and Power
- Magnetic Effects of Electric Current
- Nuclear Physics
- Semiconductor Devices and their Applications
- Carboxylic Acids and their Derivatives
- Isomerism in Organic Compounds
- p, d and f – Block Elements
- Carbonyl Compounds
- Coordination Chemistry and Solid State Chemistry
- Atomic Structure
- Organic Nitrogen Compounds and Bio-molecules
- Thermodynamics, Chemical Equilibrium and Chemical Kinetics
- Alcohols and Ether
- Vector Algebra
- Integral Calculus and its Applications
- Probability Distributions
- Trigonometry and Complex Numbers
- Analytical Geometry of Two Dimensions
- Discrete Mathematics
- Differential Calculus
- Matrices and their Applications
- Differential Equations
- Analytical Geometry of Three Dimensions
- Human Health and Diseases
- Biotechnology and its Applications
- Plant Physiology
- Genetics and Evolution
- Human Physiology
- Biodiversity, Ecology and Environment
- Cell and Molecular Biology
Questions will test the comprehension of a short passage or line of poems, English grammar and pronunciation.
Assessment will be on the following topics:
- Data Interpretation
- Data Sufficiency
- Number series, Coding and Decoding
- Clocks, Calendars and Directions
PHYSICS: H.C. Verma, Irodov, NCERT
CHEMISTRY: K. Kumar (Inorganic), Narendra Awasthi (Physical), M.H. Chauhan and Himanshu Pandey (Organic), NCERT
MATHS: Arihant, Vinay Kumar, NCERT
Tips to Prepare
In order to prepare for VITEEE, you need to be aware about the information regarding the exam, such as, the exam pattern, syllabus, relevant topics, important books, etc. The most necessary tip is to practice the previous year question papers as well as the mock test papers. This will help you in strengthening your time-management as well. Revisions and constant practices are also important for preparing VITEEE.
Taking care of your mind and body should be of important concern. Eat healthy food and take optimum rest. Do not stress out yourself because of the pressure.