What is B. Planning?
Bachelor of Planning (B. Plan) is a four-year undergraduate academic degree, which has been designed to train candidates in different aspects of designing, engineering, managing and resolving challenges of human settlements.
Earlier, JEE Main Paper 2 was conducted for aspirants seeking admission in Bachelor of Architecture and Bachelor of Planning. From this year, JEE Main has introduced a new separate paper, Paper 3, exclusively for B. Planning programme.
It will be conducted in a computer-based test mode.
Students of any stream with Math in Class XII are eligible to apply for B. Planning paper in JEE Main.
Higher Secondary Certificate (10+2) qualification with a minimum aggregate score of 50% in Mathematics and an aggregate of 50% in the qualifying examination.
Part I – Mathematics – 20 MCQs + 5 Numeric value based questions
Part II – Aptitude Test -50 MCQs
Part III – Planning Based Objective Type – 25 MCQs
Number of Questions – 100 questions
Total number of marks– 400 (each question carries 4 mark)
There will be negative-marking for the MCQs, but numerical-based questions will not have the negative-marking scheme.
The exam will be conducted in Hindi and English languages. In centers, Gujarat, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli, the exam will be conducted in Gujarati too.
- SCHOOL OF PLANNING AND ARCHITECTURE [SPA], NEW DELHI
- SUSHANT SCHOOL OF ART AND ARCHITECTURE, ANSAL UNIVERSITY [SSAA], GURGAON
- ANSAL UNIVERSITY, GURGAON
- SAVERA COLLEGE OF ARCHITECTURE AND PLANNING, GURGAON
- G D GOENKA UNIVERSITY, SCHOOL OF ARCHITECTURE AND PLANNING, GURGAON
- AMITY UNIVERSITY, GURGAON
- CEPT UNIVERSITY, AHMEDABAD
- NIRMA UNIVERSITY, AHMEDABAD
- GUJARAT TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY, AHMEDABAD
- KALOL INSTITUTE AND RESEARCH CENTER, KALOL
- PARUL UNIVERSITY, VADODARA
- SARDAR PATEL UNIVERSITY, VALLABH VIDYANAGAR, GUJARAT
- SHANTABEN MANUBHAI PATEL SCHOOL OF STUDIES & RESEARCH ARCHITECTURE AND INTERIOR DESIGN, ANAND, GUJARAT
- INTEGRAL UNIVERSITY, LUCKNOW
- BABU BANARASI DAS UNIVERSITY, LUCKNOW
- AMITY INSTITUTE OF ARCHITECTURE AND PLANNING, NOIDA
- MAULANA AZAD NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY [MANIT], BHOPAL
- SHRI VAISHNAV VIDYAPEETH VISHWAVIDYALAYA, INDORE
- SCHOOL OF PLANNING AND ARCHITECTURE, BHOPAL
- COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING, PUNE
- AMITY UNIVERSITY, MUMBAI
- G.H. RAISONI UNIVERSITY, AMRAVATI
- JAGANNATH UNIVERSITY, JAIPUR
- OPJS UNIVERSITY, JAIPUR
- UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, JAIPUR
Sample Paper (released by NTA)
Syllabus for Paper 3 will be the same as syllabus for Paper 2. The only change will be that apart from drawing-based questions, Paper 3 will have planning-based questions.
Question will include the following topics:
- General Awareness regarding development issues, government programs/schemes etc.
- Comprehension, critical thinking and analytical skills, graphs, charts and map reading skills, simple statistics
- CBSE class X Social Sciences
- This section will also include a written passage
- All the questions will be MCQs
Download the sample paper for JEE Main 2020 B.Planning from the following link:
B.Planning provides you job opportunities in both government and private sector. The profession you can choose are- Urban Planner, Regional Planner, Project Planner, Interior Designer, Design Architect, etc.
If one does not want to pursue a job after B. Planning, one can always go for master’s degree in Planning under specializations:
- Urban design
- Transport planning
- Landscape architecture
- Architectural conservation
- Environmental planning