About IIT Jammu
The Indian Institute of Technology, Jammu was established in 2016, after a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) was signed between the Department of Higher Education, Government of Jammu & Kashmir, and Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India. Furthermore, IIT Jammu admitted its first batch of 82 undergraduate engineering students in 2016 itself.
“Learn, Engage, Invent, Create, Impact,” is the motto followed by IIT Jammu.
The vision of the institute is “to create tomorrow’s world through technological interventions which are humanistic, creative and futuristic.”
Campus & Hostel
The temporary campus of IIT Jammu was established in 2016, soon after its formation. The campus is located in Paloura, Jammu. The temporary campus was earlier a Kalamkari Charity Society (KCS), which was remodeled to facilitate IIT Jammu’s temporary campus. The temporary campus has all facilities including hostels for students, digital classrooms, labs, library, gymnasium, canteen, basketball court, table-tennis court, and a room for extra-curricular activities. The Paloura Campus is now a research facility and a home for IIT Jammu’s PhD students.
The 400 acres of lush green permanent campus of IIT Jammu is located in Jagti. Currently only 25 acres of the campus land is constructed and occupied. The on-campus facilities include digital classrooms, hostels, laundry rooms, library, tv room, canteens, two banks etc.
Computer Science and Engineering
Material Science and Engineering
Humanities and Social Sciences
Established in 2017, the placement cell of IIT Jammu has been able to guide and further provide excellent internship and job opportunities to its students. In 2016, 73 out of 82 students got placed, and in 2017, 72 out of 112 got placement. Companies like Google, Amazon, BSNL, Apollo, Havells, Yamaha etc.
Following are some amazing food options for IIT Jammu students:
Pirates of Grill
Imperial Grill Restaurant
Grill n Chill
The Terrace Sky Lounge
Fortune Inn Riviera
- Khajeh Nasir Toosi University, Tehran
- Malek-Ashtar University of Technology, Tehran
- Shiraz University of Technology, Shiraz, Iran
- Malaviya National Institute of Technology, Jaipur
- Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology
- Indian Institute of Technology Delhi
- Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
- Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University, Jammu
- National Institute of Technology Srinagar
Research and Development
- Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), New Delhi
- Semi-Conductor Laboratory, Department of Space, GOI
- Foundation for Innovation and Technology Transfer, New Delhi
- Public Works Department (PWD), Jammu
- ENTUPLE Technologies Private Limited
- Udhampur-Srinagar-Baramulla-Rail-Link Project (USBRL) Northern Railways
- Electronics Sector Skills Council of India (ESSCI)
- NI Systems (India) Pvt. Ltd.