About IIT Bhilai
Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India established Indian Institute of Technology, Bhilai in 2016. IIT Bhilai is the youngest of the 23 IITs and one of the six new IITs established by the MHRD.
The vision of the institute is to provide a stimulating environment for innovative learning in the field of science and technology.
IIT Bhilai identifies the following as the core values of the institution:
- Academic finesse
Campus & Hostel
IIT Bhilai presently functions from its temporary campus at Government Engineering College, Raipur, situated on Old Dhamtari Road in Raipur. The campus has been successfully operational since 2016. The campus has both boys’ and girls’ hostels to accommodate all IIT Bhilai students. The temporary campus is 15 km away from the airport and 13 km away from the railway station. The campus has various laboratories and research centers to meet the research requirements of the academic life.
The permanent campus of IIT Bhilai is set to be established in Bhilai, Durg District, Chhattisgarh. Approximately 447 acres of land has been allotted for the construction of the permanent campus of IIT Bhilai, which will accommodate around 2500 students in the first phase.
Computer Science and Engineering
No placements have been made as of now, since the first batch will graduate in 2020.
Students at IIT Bhilai get their meals from canteens and hostel mess halls. Apart from the regular canteen and mess food, following are some food options for IIT Bhilai students:
The Haunt Dive
The Arabian Oasis
Bambooza Food Hut
- MoU signed between IIT Bhilai and 36Inc – Startup Chhattisgarh for Academic and Research Cooperation on January 5, 2019
- In 2018 the Institute’s Innovation Council (IIC) was established under the MHRD’s Innovation Cell (MIC) scheme. The IIC of IIT Bhilai was recognized by MIC on November 21, 2018
- MoU signed between IIT Bhilai and Centre for Materials for Electronics Technology (C-MET) for Academic and Research Cooperation on July 23, 2018
- IIT Bhilai and CSIR-National Chemical Laboratory, Pune, India MoU for Academic and Research Cooperation on June 7, 2018
- MoU was signed between IIT Bhilai and National Chin-Yi University of Technology, Taiwan to partner student/faculty exchange and to foster R&D projects
- IIT Bhilai had signed an MoU with Central Public Works Department, Government of India for construction of various components of building and allied service in the permanent campus for IIT Bhilai
- MoU signed between IIT Bhilai and IIT Kanpur for sharing of web-based software on April 21, 2017